Raking It In With Video Poker
By: Jay Bauder
Raking it in at Video Poker
Fact, of all the hands dealt only 21% are winning hands. The rest, which is 79%, are losers. The difference between a winner and a loser is what he does with 79% of the hands dealt so that it becomes a winner.
To increase the chance of making money at video poker is to understand, embrace and promise loyalty to these video poker tips.
Find a machine that pays 9 for a full house win and six for a flush win.
If you want to play on a progressive machine that pays 8 for a full house win and 5 for a flush win, be sure that the nickel machine pays a jackpot of $250 or better, the quarter machine pays $2,500 or better or $10,000 on a dollar video poker machine
To collect on the royal flush bonus for a progressive machine, be sure to bet the maximum number of coins
Play on the machine with the lowest denomination if you are a new player. Wait until you get better before playing on the higher domination video poker.
Use slot card to get credit for playing, if the casino offers one. First ask the point equivalent for each dollar played. Then learn what those earned points are worth.
Take time to read every hand you get. Remember you’re not playing against another person, it will not intimidate you for playing too slowly.
Players don’t recognize that the jack is the most important card in the deck, not the Ace. A Jack gives you a lot more lucrative hands than an ace.
The variety of video poker you can play is almost endless, but all have their own payables that need specific strategies. The best way to start learning is to limit your choices to two.
Improve your game by playing on a computer or a portable video poker game. If you train this way, you get to test your skills with zero risk.
Here are playing tips:
1. Don’t ever hold a kicker with your pair. This reduces your payoff by 5%
2. Don’t draw four cards, if you can get a royal flush drawing three.
3. Always stay on a winning five-card hand except when drawing a royal flush with one card.
4. Never break a flush to draw a straight flush even with one draw.
5. Always break your flush to draw a royal flush.
6. Don’t break your straight to draw for a straight flush.
7. Don’t draw five, if you’re holding Jacks or better.
8. Never leave a ten on a four card draw.